Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_winner.thumb.jpg.e75de1ff1128e51a02fe7b63e48dbc51.jpg

Soupy

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

Soupy    2,053

As our home thread is getting pretty massive and can be a tad hard to follow at times, this will be the official thread for WADAS events.

To make it easier for members and potential members and members of the public to follow and see what we are doing please only post relevant events related posts here, including, but not limited to, meetings, observing meet ups, star parties and other relevant events.

Please keep posts to a miminum to make it easier to follow.

Thanks

Soupy

• Like 3

Soupy    2,053

First official notification is of the WADAS kielder star party this weekend. You should have had your members email about arrangements for meeting up if you are coming. Please reply so we know who to expect and when you are planning to come up if you are.

Thanks soupy.

• Like 2

gtis    656

I won't be coming

Neil

Vicky050373    2,690

As previously confirmed, myself and Luke will be coming up on Friday afternoon - hopefully setting off around 4pm :)

nicks90    734

Second Friday of every Month
Weather permitting we will be aiming to do some observing up at either Winscarr Reservoir or at Middlestown please keep an eye on our social media pages for updates on this event.

Its that time of the month and although some are going up to Kielder to enjoy perfect dark skies - us less fortunate souls who are stuck in Yorkshire must make do with a night out around here.

Do we have any plans for Friday night? As the forecast looks promising and there is a good ISS pass at 8.15pm too.

Edited by nicks90
  • Like 3

2STAR    768

I would like to do my first venture away from the back garden and head down to Winscar anytime really.

Eric

ps; have visited during daytime just to find the way.

• Like 2

mapstar    5,710

Take a look here guys before setting off and press the forward button.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/arpege_charts.asp

BBC has it clear after midnight

Met check also showing mist fog for the woodhead tunnel rocks

XC weather for dunford bridge has it clear all night

Damian

astrotyke    1,326

Take a look here guys before setting off and press the forward button.

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/arpege_charts.asp

BBC has it clear after midnight

Met check also showing mist fog for the woodhead tunnel rocks

XC weather for dunford bridge has it clear all night

Damian

Well according to that weather map it's cloudy tomorrow night

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

mapstar    5,710

As usual its a chance it and hope for the best night!

• Like 1

astrotyke    1,326

As usual its a chance it and hope for the best night!

Yep. It's clear in kielder tonight apparently

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

hazegood    308

given winscarr is an hour drive for me each way I will be checking the forecast from all sources before setting off if tomorrow night is on

nicks90    734

Same here. If it is nice I will be up there at 9.00 at the sailing club car park ( the one with the picnic tables)

nicks90    734

forecast is showing a bit of patchy cloud from 8pm until 1am - so still going to go up and do some cloud dodging.

i will be there about 8.30-9.00pm tonight if anyone else fancies it

mapstar    5,710

I may pop up Nick but up for work tomorrow am so it won't be a late one

Damian

2STAR    768

Same here. If it is nice I will be up there at 9.00 at the sailing club car park ( the one with the picnic tables)

Is that the best spot at winscar by the sailing club ?, is everyone going there please

Eric

mapstar    5,710

I may venture up and yes the sailing club is a great spot.

Damian

• Like 1

2STAR    768

If its forecast favourable for Monday Night I will go if anyone else is.

Eric

mapstar    5,710

Nights for me Monday so I won't be venturing out.

Hope Vicky is OK she must be badly into the withdrawal symptoms by now not having access to SGL easily?

Mark62    1,443

Nights for me Monday so I won't be venturing out.

Hope Vicky is OK she must be badly into the withdrawal symptoms by now not having access to SGL easily?

I think she's talking soupys ear off lol having said that there's not much to report apart from its cloudy oh look more cloud and have u seen that more cloud lol

Mark

Edited by Mark62
  • Like 2

Soupy    2,053

Just to confirm, our next official event is a society trip up to Todmorden observatory on Friday 23rd. Please keep an eye on your emails for further information.

• Like 2