Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

Soupy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meeting tonight with Woozy Dewsy, doing her thing on astrobiology! Please feel free to come and join us. Starts at 7.30 Horbury Academy, followed by curry afterwards at Cinnamon Lounge, Horbury Bridge. Meeting free to all members Non members will be charged our normal fee of £3. (Curry not included ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

Meeting Thursday this week is more of an Astro social event.

Bring along your EPs for cleaning, your scopes for collimating and your questions for answering! Old, new and potential members welcome, this is a free event for all!

Usual time 7.30 at Horbury Academy.

Meeting Thursday this week is more of an Astro social event.

Bring along your EPs for cleaning, your scopes for collimating and your questions for answering! Old, new and potential members welcome, this is a free event for all!

Usual time 7.30 at Horbury Academy.

I cant make it this Thursday as im in Bradford that evening. Hope its a good evening for you all

What time do you normally go on until?I might try and see if I can get out of bedtime duties and come along, show my face and meet some of you; but I probably won't be able to get there until 8pm.

We usually finish around 9.30pm, however it may be a bit earlier this week depending on how things go. Some of us usually head for a pint to the local afterwards, so it would be worth you popping over, and it'd be nice to meet you :)

I'll be there unless things have changed at work when I get back tomorrow.

Soupy isn't able to attend due to child care so someone else not quite as adept at opening the evening will be doing it!

I'm sure that particular person will do a great job! ;)

Just to note a slight change of time for tomorrow night.

There is a parents evening finishing at 7.00 but all things being equal it will probably run late, I'm talking from experience.

Therefore we have been requested not to start arriving until after 7.15 as the car park might be busy!

I propose starting the meeting at 7.45 to give the school time to finish the parents evening, please wait in the reception till 7.30 if you arrive early.

Archived