NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trying to get into it...

Mothman

Hey! 

I'm a very amateur stargazer, I barely know the positions of constellations or what to use to see those constellations clearly so please bear with me...

I'm trying to discipline myself to get into it :D at the moment I only have 12x32 Binoculars, I think they're pretty great but I haven't tried with other sizes either... Sadly I don't yet have the money to get a proper telescope :-/ but I wanna at least get acquainted with stars and their place and how to find them... 

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy my time here... Cheers!

Hi Mothman and welcome to SGL , you really don`t even need binoculars, to get to grips with the night sky, down load Stellarium as your guide, lay back in a comfy camping chair and the Heavens are your oyster, enjoy the forum :)

Hi and welcome to SGL, to start with you can download a free star atlas called stellarium, this is packed with useful features to help you with constellations, star positions and all other objects in the sky. You just need your eyes to learn the night sky and observe meteor showers. A pair of 10x50 binoculars would be and advantage as these have more light grasp for slightly fainter objects. Enjoy yourself is the main thing.

Dave

Welcome to S G L

Try this link http://binocularsky.com/this site will help you to find your way around 

the night sky, Steve is a member of S G L, and really knows all you need to know

about bins.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks for post ronl! I am looking after binoculars and this website gave lots of information and clarify me with a few doubts I had. Will definitely buy it from this site just for the effort to teach people like me and the information available free of cost. It definitely sounds like they know what they are selling. Great!

Archived