NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from new member

ron.s.g

;)

Greetings to everyone, i have recently joined and looked through the forum and have just purchased a second hand 3 year old telescope from ebay, lx 200 gps with obsevatory setup ie ccd etc,

will let you know if i get any problems regarding collection and equipement,

i have been looking for a long time now for a decent scope so hoping this will last me for a few years,

dont really know anything about astronomy yet but gonna work at it in my spare time as i love looking at the space above when clouds allow.

may need help with bits and pieces as time goes on so dont say you have'nt been warned,

been using a telescope but without much joy as not been able to see anything other than moon through it but that was probably just me.

i lve in Ashford Kent so sky is quite bright from street lights but will work around this by moving scope into darker regions around here.

hope this hasn't put you to sleep just wanted to say hello with short brief..

Regards Ron

Hello Ron, I'm Ron.

Welcome to the SGL Forums. Little coincidences both in name and scope. Although mine is a LX90 12".

You say you have not collected it yet. Is it far from where you live., of course they are a beast to ship, so collection is the best option if you are not too far away.

Look forward to your next posts

Cheers.

Ron. ;)

Hi everyone,

picked up scope today 290 mile round trip, everything was working ok, got power leads and transformer,solid dew shield and heating straps, and a few lenses too,just couldn;t get the pier out the ground (shame) will make do with tripod for now,bet its going to take ages to learn how to use it correctly but no rush so lets see what happens,

thank you for all the replies and looking forward to joining a local society,

regards to all Ron

Archived