Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Frac

Hehe, I think so Derek, as I also bought a Baader super sky surfer V from the clearence section the other day :)

Still, it's all relative I guess, before this I was eyeing up the ES 127 triplet, then the Evolution C9.25! I feel quite relieved to have gone with the budget option to get my scope fix :)

I'll probably pinch your plan Derek, and try it against the C100ED and keep the one I prefer.

Edited by Chris Lock
  • Like 1

This is my idea of restraint for this week.......

SW Esprit 100ED

Needed a shorter focal length frac for use with the Mallincam Extreme.
First (ish) light tonight, fingers crossed.
Not a dob in sight and my Newt is up for sale.
Clear skies,
Cheers,
Fondofchips.
  • Like 5

This is my idea of restraint for this week.......

Needed a shorter focal length frac for use with the Mallincam Extreme.
First (ish) light tonight, fingers crossed.
Not a dob in sight and my Newt is up for sale.
Clear skies,
Cheers,
Fondofchips.

Good luck for tonight, Looks like a quality VA setup :) 

• Like 1

Astronomy dealer on Wall Street sells them.....if out of stock try Mount Siani or Mont Blanc.

They are really good, if you put them high enough on the wall the wife does not notice the telescope clutter!

Clear Skies,

Fondofchips.

Edited by fondofchips
  • Like 2

Picked up a pre loved, and stored in a dusty workshop Skywatcher blue 150 Frac... It was an Ugly duckling which I think you will agree is now a beautiful swan! I give you The Great White'

IMAG1340

IMAG1332

IMAG1343

Edited by Patbloke
  • Like 16

I asked about this scope on ABS and saw close up pics of the tube. It was enough to know that it really needed some good TLC which I no longer have time for. You sir have given it 100% warp factor 10 TLC, it went to very good home, fantastic job  :icon_salut:   

• Like 4

I asked about this scope on ABS and saw close up pics of the tube. It was enough to know that it really needed some good TLC which I no longer have time for. You sir have given it 100% warp factor 10 TLC, it went to very good home, fantastic job  :icon_salut:   

Thanks Chris,

The optics were good although a bit dirty... It needed a new (old) dovetail some nuts and bolts, much cleaning and a first class paint job. Also I flocked the dew shield which was pretty grubby and had to file down some rough edges of the inside of the rings, I also flocked them so they now caress the tube... I've also bought a new finderscope shoe and cleaned thoroughly the dual focuser.

I bought a shark motif which for fun I was going to attach... however, she looks so clean now I'll find a home for that somewhere else. It's been fun and can't wait to give her a good road test. I would upload more pics but I'm struggling :-)

I must give Nick (Cotterless45) some big thanks as he mentored me through this project... and supplied the flocking :-)

Edited by Patbloke
  • Like 4