NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show Us Your Dob.....

That thing makes the Moonlite focuser look like an Ant! ;)

It does rather, and cheers guys.

Like a few of the other scopes (swamp things, SimonfromSussex) above, the build thread is still about (Mapstar scope build) and the pic with me puts it into perspective. Quite funny

Hope to get the next build thread on later

Damian

• Like 3

My 18" Plettstone .....    20" Ultralight  .....     and 28" Webster with puddy for scale. Also an iphone 6 snap of Saturn through the 28 from the other night ( the seeing was really good ). I think I have a thing for dobs :tongue:

Uh Oh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 28" scope just ate the cat.

• Like 1

Hope to get the next build thread on later

Damian

Looking forward to that Damian :)

Great to see so many home and amateur built scopes on this thread. The others all have their owners home grown personal touches too. Dobs are just great huh :)

Not forgetting quaoar's mighty webster. Thanks for the pic mate. :)

• Like 5

My pretty boring and tiny 8", you are all show offs! ;) The sticker on the side is just while I'm in the phase of getting eyepieces and trying other's out. t justt has the magnifications of each

post-43521-0-15363800-1432979806_thumb.j

• Like 16

My pretty boring and tiny 8", you are all show offs! ;) The sticker on the side is just while I'm in the phase of getting eyepieces and trying other's out. t justt has the magnifications of each

attachicon.gif20150529_230837.jpg

Nowt wrong with that lad [emoji6][emoji3]

Very nice & neat! - btw is that a Lukehurst dob?

It is mate.  It still performs the same as day 1 & after 15 months use I still have not found the need to check the collimation.  i guess thats testament to the design.  Note the truss rods on the sides are attached to the outer and inner parts of the corner hooking points, the front and rear trusses are attached on the same side of the hooking points. 

• Like 1

I need to downsize, and keep telling myself.....  I don't need a dob,  I don't need a dob; and reading these threads don't help.

Do I really need a dob ?   :unsure:

of course you do :grin:

• Like 1

BigSumorian

I wasn't happy with the blue paint job.....

Mark

Is that a wrap of some sort rather than painted?

Might not cost too much to get the whole thing stripped and sprayed or powder coated professionally?

• Like 2