Narrowband

Show Us Your Dob.....

Why is it that its more often clear during a full moon then a new moon!

There are more unsavoury people out about when it's light at night so that and the glare frightens the clouds off, they prefer to come along when it's dark, unlike burglars who'd prefer to see without having to use a torch. :)

Edited by Scooot

bit dusty isnt it steve on the base :grin: never seen that before ste

Yeah it doesn't get much use these Days mate.  :grin:

Thats the trouble with having city scopes. You can only take one to a dark sky and funnily enough thats normally the big un. As for using them at home well I just can't be fagged. 

• Like 1

Yeah it doesn't get much use these Days mate.  :grin:

Thats the trouble with having city scopes. You can only take one to a dark sky and funnily enough thats normally the big un. As for using them at home well I just can't be fagged. 

i no mate, after the dark places we go to home is pants :smiley:

• Like 1

that's why I sold my 12.5" dob after the delivery of the moonshane ...if im ever going to use a scope at home its hardly goin to be titch..and with regular trips to Elan cant even be bothered at home!!

• Like 1

Bit of a followup to my previous post last week...the 12" has gained a bigger brother....18" F/6. No chance of good weather now...!

post-3193-0-01419900-1433271046_thumb.jp

• Like 10

Bit of a followup to my previous post last week...the 12" has gained a bigger brother....18" F/6. No chance of good weather now...!

Congrats on the new 18" - looks class - very interesting design. Have you had a chance to look through it yet? Will be interested in hearing how you get on :)

Best of luck

-Niall