Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi

Knight Gazer

I thought I would sign up after using the site for so much research! 

I hope to contribute more over the coming months but will be firing questions at you in the meantime.

I have had a telescope for about 13yrs (40th B'day present) and have done my fair share of gazing, but I want to step it up bit

to Astro-photography (on a budget-ish)

I have a Tele Vue Ranger which is great for travelling with a 20mm Tele vue Plossel a Celestron 12.5mm Ultima with a Barlow x2

have just ordered a Celestron Omni 6mm (Currys £12.99!) 

I have a Manfrotto fluid video head which clamps onto railings and frames and a EQ2 which I am thinking about putting a motor on (might just save the money for a better one)

Barry

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Barry and welcome to SGL, before going down the AP route it is recommended that you obtain a copy of Steve Richard`s book... "Making Every Photon Count" http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk direct or from FLO see top of page. This popular book occupies space on the majority of our imagers bookshelves and will help guide you down the right path :)

Archived