NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings

Akiainavas

Just wanted to say hello to all of you - decided it's time to stop being a lurker and join the community.

A bit about me - a typical IT guy, obsessed with hardware, DIY computers and operating systems with a knack for astronomy and all things space in general. Currently living in south England and getting frustrated by the weather almost every weekend.

In terms of astronomy, mostly interested in DSO and Astrophotography - although I'm a beginner in this area. Really enjoy the challenge and rewards of this hobby - maybe not so much with empty wallet but hey... we have all been there, eh ? :)

My setup is a SkyWatcher 200p with an EQ5 mount.

So hello again, it's good to finally be a part of this community :)

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome to SGL, very popular scope and mount, if you have the inclination to go down the AP route for DSO then a copy of Steve`s book "Making Every Photon Count" should be nestling on your bookshelf, available from FLO or direct http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk one of the most used books for the majority of our imagers, enjoy :) 

Hi Andy and welcome to SGL, very popular scope and mount, if you have the inclination to go down the AP route for DSO then a copy of Steve`s book "Making Every Photon Count" should be nestling on your bookshelf, available from FLO or direct http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk one of the most used books for the majority of our imagers, enjoy :)

Thanks John, I'll definitely give it a try and order one from FLO.

Also, thanks for your warm welcome everyone :)

Archived