Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Aberdeen, Scotland.

Bagpuss

Hi All

Just joined your wonderful group this week, I've been into Astrophotography for a few years now and last year bought an Astrotrac to play with along with the wedge. Just waiting for some better clear nights up here to head into the hills. The times I've been out so far ive really had problems with wind causing small movements on my images but like everything is all a learning curve.

I ve got a few Canon cameras (6D, 60Da and a film EOS 3), even bought a Astronomik CLS filter recently to mess around with but again learning to process the now very blue cast pics is the next challenge.

But thanks to this wonderful forum with everyone's hints and tips it is amazing how much you can pick up.

Let's us know if anyone is around in the local area because It would nice to meet up one evening.

Thanks

Simon

post-41878-0-63356300-1423337852_thumb.j

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Simon and welcome to SGL from another imager. There's some great stuff produced on here with the Astrotrac and DSLR - You're in good company! If you've not already done so, check out StuartJPP - His images are top class.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi, and welcome, Simon.

I'm Aberdeen, too - and the next meeting of AAS (Aberdeen Astronomical Society) will be in Robert Gordon's College on Tuesday (10th) at 7pm. Come along and meet at least a couple of people who will be on your wavelength.

I'm frightened by the idea of AP 'cos I've already spent far too much money ...

Hi Simon and welcome to SGL, you have some very nice kit and I hope we will be seeing some images from you in the near future, when you have finally got to grips with it all. Do not be afraid to post, because you think they are not up to the visual quality of others. All images are most welcome, of no matter what standard. Helpful observations from our most experienced and respected imagers, can do nothing but help everyone to create better photographs, enjoy :)

Archived