Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last image from me for a while

Quatermass

Well after a long time imaging I have decided to call it a day and sell off my stuff to move on to other interests but I wanted to say a most sincere thank you to all my friends that I have met on this forum over the past 5 years. This forum is such a great place to learn about the hobby and meet others and dont think I would have achieved half of what I have done with out the stargazer lounge and all the great people I have met on here. So thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you. Im still going to carry on my observation of the night sky with my local astronomy group but the imaging is not being replaced with some serious fishing this year, at least when I am night fishing now I will understand what up there in the night sky and beyond.

m33.jpg

'Fishing', you can buy fish from almost anywhere! You can't buy the night sky and beyond from any place on Earth!!

Thank you for all your help and assistance, not to mention trust.:)  Enjoy the fishng.

All the very best,

Richard

Hope you enjoy your change in direction.  I recently sold all my music gear & used the funds to get into visual astronomy.  Not a seconds regret ! :) 

Do keep a set of bins on you during your night fishing sessions & don't disappear on us completely !

All the best. 

Oh thats sad, but I can see how it happens to everyone, in the end.

i think  we all go around in a circle until we have done all that we can do and leave it to the new ones.   So time consuming and frustrating it does not leave time or energy for anything else.

You lay back & enjoy relaxing on the river bank

Fay

Thank you everyone some time off fishing rather then imaging will be a nice change and I can always go imaging at my local astro soc so its not that bad really. If any one out there would like to know what I think 5 years on it would simply be this,

Astrophotography is one of the most wonderful hobbies I have done and although it can be very frustrating at times the rewards far out weigh the problems. When I look up at the night sky now my mind can picture clearly all the wonderful Nebula and Galaxy's cluster etc that are up there hidden in the stars, totally priceless to have that experience. I have seen things up there that have absolutely blown me away and that I will never forget. We live in a truly amazing universe long may it fuel our passion for discovery and adventure.

Hey.. wishing you the best..

It must be close to 45 years since I last fished that coastline. Fond memories of fishing with my Dad for Cod in winter & Bass in summer.. and trying to untangle the tackle from those eels!  Gosh..Another lifetime away..

Tight Lines...

Archived