Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Autumn Starparty 2015

Hi,

I have never seen an orange tree in the area.

Whiskey bushes yes......

Most tastes can be accommodated.......

As Mike says it is a friendly, casual and great fun star party.

The aim of the September party is to test out equipment, make repairs and draw up a list of things that need adjustment.

Galloway is always a treat with the dark skies, even cloud covered nights are great fun. We play pool.....

Cheers

Adrian

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great guys and company from all over.

You'll love it and come back for more.

Raise a glass (of whatever your tipple is) to all especially Mike for arranging and replying to all.

Keep up the good work fella

Damian

Hi Dom,we just take things as they come,we usually have speakers on the Saturday afternoon,if the weather is inclement we always fall back on whiskey tastings of which there is a good variety on hand,and there is always good food somewhere on site.

There are good walks in the area,a local golf course and plenty of bike trails,and there is always plenty of astro repairs going on in one form or another,have a read of previous starparties to give you a flavor of the setup.

Regards

Mike

I like how Mike says there's always astro repairs going on, well there is in his caravan I've never seen anyone as technical with astro repairs than him. He'll teach you a thing or too, I've never net such an I inspiring guy [emoji13]

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this hoping for great weather. Have a camper van this time instead of a tent should make life easier. With that wind and rain the tent was quite entertaining during the night.

Are there any lectures lined up? (Sorry if asked and answered already).

Im really considering this star party as I haven't had chance to use my scope for some time. With winter approaching im looking to book in a couple of weekends away and this should fit the bill.

Id bring my 16inch dob along but wondered if there were many visual only folks comjng along. I remember going to a star camp a couple of years ago and I only saw red led lights all night , as folks were inside their tents watching screens :(

Cheers

Im really considering this star party as I haven't had chance to use my scope for some time. With winter approaching im looking to book in a couple of weekends away and this should fit the bill.

Id bring my 16inch dob along but wondered if there were many visual only folks comjng along. I remember going to a star camp a couple of years ago and I only saw red led lights all night , as folks were inside their tents watching screens :(

Cheers

I'm visual only so get booked

Hi A/M,you are more than welcome to attend ,we have a really good mix of imagers and visual,we do not have such strict red light rules and  mix really well,you find everyone goes around during the night and will always learn something ,as long as everyone is sensible about light pollution we find it just works,have a look back in the posts from last year and you will find a very good video thatl i`m sure will  go a long way to answering your question.

Hope to see you there ,a name to go with your monika would be nice, ha YOU LOT, i can not type quick enough,

As  Derek and Damian say ----get booked you will love it,

Regards

Mike

Hi mike,

I have no probs with red light rules, to be honest I prefer strict red light rules as a visual astronomer but in the past I have experienced a star camp where I only saw red power leds on mounts but no people, as everyone was looking at screens inside their tents or awnings. Luckily I had a couple of visual only guys next to me who were up all night even when it clouded over.

Its looking good though, and if damian has his 22inch ready then that would be really interesting.

Im also considering a hardcore tent only visit, with no leccy, but I do have a caravan aswell so have a few options.

Cheers

Archived