Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Hi A/M,you are more than welcome to attend ,we have a really good mix of imagers and visual,we do not have such strict red light rules and mix really well,you find everyone goes around during the night and will always learn something ,as long as everyone is sensible about light pollution we find it just works,have a look back in the posts from last year and you will find a very good video thatl i`m sure will go a long way to answering your question.

Hope to see you there ,a name to go with your monika would be nice, ha YOU LOT, i can not type quick enough,

As Derek and Damian say ----get booked you will love it,

Regards

Mike

Mentioning video has Kieran booked yet?

I will be visual, but it depends if I've saved up for my dslr by then! :D

• Like 1

Narrowband imaging with a star 71 and visual with a c9.25. Might even have a 16 inch meade too. I've got a Baader Morpheus eye piece for people to try on their scopes if they want (14mm).

I just hope it's clear last year I only managed to get polar aligned :-)

Hi Damian,last i heard from Kieran was early August i am assuming he has,hopefully he will see this and let us know,it would be a shame he is so enthusiastic about his photography,hope to see you both soon,hpoe everything is going okay for you with yer build.

Regards

Mike

Hi Damian,last i heard from Kieran was early August i am assuming he has,hopefully he will see this and let us know,it would be a shame he is so enthusiastic about his photography,hope to see you both soon,hpoe everything is going okay for you with yer build.

Regards

Mike

Let's hope so if not I'll give him a nudge!

Things are going OK but slower than I want

Damian

• Like 1

Damian,slow can be good,have you got a finished height yet? A nudge would be a good idea methinks  :grin:

Regards

Mike

I was visual but moved to the dark side a couple of years ago.

Red light discipline has always been very good in my opinion.

I tend to set off an imaging run and then go for a walk to "borrow" the visual kit :smiley:

(or perhaps sample what ever bottle we have open :grin: )

• Like 6

Hi mike,

Still fafing around with ccd and guiding scope hope there,s some guys that can point me in the right direction, its just a pity only down for the weekend.

Jim

Hi Jim,we`ll get you going no problem,just make sure you all the cables you might need,and any software loaded on to your laptop and you should be good to  go.

Hope your both keeping well?

Will see you when you arrive,kettle will be on  :grin: 

Regards

Mike 

Damian,slow can be good,have you got a finished height yet? A nudge would be a good idea methinks  :grin:

Regards

Mike

Good to hear from you Kieran

I've not got a finished height mike as the mirror is still not playing ball. Looking like a fair bit of work to get it back and finishing will be difficult before november  :sad:

Hi mike,

Still fafing around with ccd and guiding scope hope there,s some guys that can point me in the right direction, its just a pity only down for the weekend.

Jim

If you're not fafing, changing cables or looking for an adapter, you're probably not doing correctly anyway ! :grin:

• Like 3

If you're not fafing, changing cables or looking for an adapter, you're probably not doing correctly anyway ! :grin:

Damn right good point there!!!! [emoji106]

• Like 2

If I had any, I would :tongue:

A true imager. I've noticed some wear balaclavas to prevent this from happening, would be a good tip for anyone starting out

Just built my observatory and got it all running well. Soon time to remove it and bring it to Galloway.

• Like 2

Hi Mike,i take it you have got a big van! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

How much are you charging to view  :Envy:  :Envy:  :Envy:

And i thought i brought a lot of gear,look forward to catching up with you next month,

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

Nobody mentioned building observatories !

(was that on the booking form ??)

It takes us all afternoon to decide which way to point the van.

And that's BEFORE we unpack the scopes ! :eek:

Neil

Well done Mike, look forward to seeing it (obs), hope to see you in November :grin:

• Like 1

Maybe the Obsy building competition will take the focus off the empty bit on my pitch!

No Ticket refunds Damian :mad:

Mike

I'm going as fast as I can fellas just don't swap out the pie and peas for a gallows!
  • Like 1