Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Starparty 2015

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking Observatories.... Im about to start on a wee project to build a mobile observatory. The Set up is based on a Mercedes Benz front line ambulance. Having my own garage business will allow me to build at my own pace as and when the  time and pennies permit !  The plan is to have a large sliding roof hatch installed,  fit an electric elevating pier system and then a hydraulic self leveling system to stabilize the unit. It is already insulated and has a warm air heating system for when the clouds dont play ball. sound good but will take a but time but hopefully ready for next years season. ill run a wee blog on its progress. Here is a picture of the stripped out interior. I just need a small fridge and some optics but not the viewing type.. lol

Mobile Observatory  aka Mission Control

Nice one Andy  :grin:   hope you and Sandra are keeping okay?

Regards 

Mike 

ps it`s cloudy in Newcastle

Hi Mike, Sandra is doing well, really likes the caravan rather than a tent but has agreed to one last time in the tent for next month's party.

It has been clear here all night. pity my computer crashed at 2:30 this morning :( Mind you we have had 6 nights of clouds and rain and it took til Sunday to solve the usb issues with my mount hub pro.

Andy

Talking Observatories.... Im about to start on a wee project to build a mobile observatory. The Set up is based on a Mercedes Benz front line ambulance. Having my own garage business will allow me to build at my own pace as and when the  time and pennies permit !  The plan is to have a large sliding roof hatch installed,  fit an electric elevating pier system and then a hydraulic self leveling system to stabilize the unit. It is already insulated and has a warm air heating system for when the clouds dont play ball. sound good but will take a but time but hopefully ready for next years season. ill run a wee blog on its progress. Here is a picture of the stripped out interior. I just need a small fridge and some optics but not the viewing type.. lol

Vibrations are going to be your main problems I think, but very interesting project.

Hi Mike, Sandra is doing well, really likes the caravan rather than a tent but has agreed to one last time in the tent for next month's party.

It has been clear here all night. pity my computer crashed at 2:30 this morning :( Mind you we have had 6 nights of clouds and rain and it took til Sunday to solve the usb issues with my mount hub pro.

Andy

Glad to hear you are both OK. Be nice to catch up next month. Annette will be driving me nuts again with the clicking and wool.  :p

Derek

Glad to hear you are both OK. Be nice to catch up next month. Annette will be driving me nuts again with the clicking and wool.  :p

Derek

I have had clicking all week together with many curses when things are not going right.

Good to meet up again next month.

Sandra is looking forward to pictures of the bridesmaid :grin:

Andy

Archived