Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Starparty 2015

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Babies yed

Your right Mike, my bad. I didn't properly convey the colloquialism of the pie munchers. I did have to laugh the first time I heard someone ask for "Babies yed floatin an pea wet"

• 4 weeks later...

What is it like there? I've never been to a star party, I was going to go to the Dalby forest one but my dad couldnt cope with being away from showers for three days. What stuff is there to do during the day?

Nice and flat with low horizons. Shower block and toilets very clean, nice kitchen plus warm room. Owners are very friendly amd do a great job. Site is fully dark adapted too. Daytime is good for sleeping, cooking/eating and getting kit to work as well as a chatting with other like minded people. It gets dark early at that time of year so there isn't really much daytime to fill. I think you could do some cycling or walking or pop out in the car further afield.

Hi ericemms,no daily rate but if you use the facilities a small d :grin: nation would  be acceptable,tea coffee  etc,if you give Lesley a ring  at the campsite i`m sure she will be able to recommend b/b`s in the ,locale,hope to see you there,oh and just for communication could i have your name,

Regards

Mike

What is it like there? I've never been to a star party, I was going to go to the Dalby forest one but my dad couldnt cope with being away from showers for three days. What stuff is there to do during the day?

I don't blame him !

If we are lucky, you won't need any time during the day as you will be sleeping !

Derek

That must be just you Kenny, Not me or Mike . As you know we don't imbibe :rolleyes:

Yeah, right on Derek, you just keep telling yourself that and Kenny and I will drink all that firewater you always bring along - obviously just to look at and admire [emoji56]

Sent from my Fone

Yeah, right on Derek, you just keep telling yourself that and Kenny and I will drink all that firewater you always bring along - obviously just to look at and admire [emoji56]

Sent from my Fone

Now, Now Ian,

We must not confuse the young amongst us!

Here we are trying our best to infuse the spirit... No cross that out. The experience of Star Gazing and it's wholesome lifestyle to other amateur astronomers ,,, O dear nearly choked on my ..... Oops!

:)

Derek

Now, Now Ian,

We must not confuse the young amongst us!

Here we are trying our best to infuse the spirit... No cross that out. The experience of Star Gazing and it's wholesome lifestyle to other amateur astronomers ,,, O dear nearly choked on my ..... Oops!

:)

Derek

'Infusing the spirit's'... sounds about right given the variety of malts on offer at the last meeting.

Kenny

• 4 weeks later...

Archived