Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Weather forecast  will be windy. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Mike

I hope not.      :grin:  :grin:

BTW  has the loss of astronomical darkness y'ouse

Andy

Babies yed

Your right Mike, my bad. I didn't properly convey the colloquialism of the pie munchers. I did have to laugh the first time I heard someone ask for "Babies yed floatin an pea wet"

Sorry taken me a while to get back to you. Breakfast didn't stay down. :p

Ha, ha, not helped by the fact that people are posting in Feb 2015 thread [emoji12]

Sent from my Fone

Awwww :'( This will be during or near my mock gcse exams:( I hope the february  2016 one will be during half term holiday!

Edited by Dom1961

Hi Dom there is always next year but have not yet sorted next year`s  dates,watch this space  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Regards

Mike

What is it like there? I've never been to a star party, I was going to go to the Dalby forest one but my dad couldnt cope with being away from showers for three days. What stuff is there to do during the day?

Nice and flat with low horizons. Shower block and toilets very clean, nice kitchen plus warm room. Owners are very friendly amd do a great job. Site is fully dark adapted too. Daytime is good for sleeping, cooking/eating and getting kit to work as well as a chatting with other like minded people. It gets dark early at that time of year so there isn't really much daytime to fill. I think you could do some cycling or walking or pop out in the car further afield.

I dont camp! Is there a non-campers daily rate?

Hoping to explore nearby B&B. 

Many thanks

Hi ericemms,no daily rate but if you use the facilities a small d :grin: nation would  be acceptable,tea coffee  etc,if you give Lesley a ring  at the campsite i`m sure she will be able to recommend b/b`s in the ,locale,hope to see you there,oh and just for communication could i have your name,

Regards

Mike

What is it like there? I've never been to a star party, I was going to go to the Dalby forest one but my dad couldnt cope with being away from showers for three days. What stuff is there to do during the day?

I don't blame him !

If we are lucky, you won't need any time during the day as you will be sleeping !

Derek

I don't blame him !

If we are lucky, you won't need any time during the day as you will be sleeping !

Derek

Or hungover

Kenny

• Like 1

That must be just you Kenny, Not me or Mike . As you know we don't imbibe :rolleyes:

That must be just you Kenny, Not me or Mike . As you know we don't imbibe :rolleyes:

Yeah, right on Derek, you just keep telling yourself that and Kenny and I will drink all that firewater you always bring along - obviously just to look at and admire [emoji56]

Sent from my Fone

• Like 1

Yeah, right on Derek, you just keep telling yourself that and Kenny and I will drink all that firewater you always bring along - obviously just to look at and admire [emoji56]

Sent from my Fone

Now, Now Ian,

We must not confuse the young amongst us!

Here we are trying our best to infuse the spirit... No cross that out. The experience of Star Gazing and it's wholesome lifestyle to other amateur astronomers ,,, O dear nearly choked on my ..... Oops!

:)

Derek

Edited by Physopto

Now, Now Ian,

We must not confuse the young amongst us!

Here we are trying our best to infuse the spirit... No cross that out. The experience of Star Gazing and it's wholesome lifestyle to other amateur astronomers ,,, O dear nearly choked on my ..... Oops!

:)

Derek

'Infusing the spirit's'... sounds about right given the variety of malts on offer at the last meeting.

Kenny

All booked up again, with the summer solstice passed the dark nights count down has started .... :)