SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from the UK

Steve55

Hello . My names Steve . I live in the UK in Lincolnshire on the east coast. and have just bought my first scope. Nothing too fancy , but after some deliberation it seemed like a reasonable choice for a First and to see if my interest really takes off with this  new hobby.  I have a few questions as all newcomers do am sure which i will post in the other sections when i mange to find the right one.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment i will be happy to look and learn what am looking at and actually how to look would be a good starting point , although i do like photography that may come when am more attuned to using a telescope.

Hi Steve,

Warm welcome to SGL. a couple of things that will help you round the sky try copies of 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas'. Also when you have 10 mins download a planetarium program, lots out there but try stellarium, its great and free. To be found here :- http://www.stellarium.org/  . Also look out for the north lincs astro group : ...

Archived