Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi stargazers fanatics

ShazLeghari

Hi,

I am new to this wonderful forum. I am also just starting out on stargazing and deciding which telescope to start with while I am gaining knowledge about different telescopes. I am looking at Skywatcher brand.

If any one has nice images to share of their observation on the deep sky which I am mainly interested on, please share them. :smiley:

Thank you

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of advice about equipment on here.  Hopefully, it won't be overwhelming.  I started out with binoculars and a planisphere and peered down other people's telescopes for a while.  Only when  I was sure I wanted to get serious did I buy a telescope.  Good luck :smiley:

Welcome to SGL.  You'll find lots of helpful useful advice.  As the previous poster stated, it's best not to rush into buying a scope. 

Your local astronomical society may also be a useful source of advice.  Many hold observing evenings where you'll get the chance to look through different scopes.

Check out FLO's new astronomical society finder page

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/locator.html

or browse the FAS website for details of your local societies

http://fedastro.org.uk/fas/members/members-a-z/

Hi and welcome to SGL. Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here. Can't help you personally I'm afraid, as I never look through the scopes and try to take pretty pictures instead! There's plenty of folks who will be able to give you advice though.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hello Shaz And welcome to SGL. You may wish to decide what you want to do with the hobby before you buy a scope as some scopes are better suited to photography an other scope better suited to observing. Also don't dismiss binoculars as a starting point. There great for learning the skies and you can take them anywhere as you travel. Best wishes and good luck in your choice

Hi Shaz, Welcome to the Lounge ;)

It can all be a little daunting, when you start, but as has been mentioned, there's no need to rush into any buying at all yet. Just decide what it is you want to get out of this Fantastic Pastime

Will you be Happy just observing??

Or will you want to enter the Dark Arts of Astrophotography ??? lol

these are the questions that will enter your head in the coming month's.

Whichever way you decide is for you, the main criteria at this stage is 'Just Enjoy it' ;)

Hi all,

I am using binoculars for when I identify something unusual at the night sky as I got a very good eye and have been in the past. I am going to the BSIA tomorrow to use different telescopes, if anyone here is going there let me know. 

Archived