Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Devon

AllanJ

Hello, I'm Allan and I live near Exeter in Devon. When I was in my teens I used to stand outside with "Signpost to the Stars" (price 1/6d), a booklet that survived in the loft until a couple of years ago. For my recent 60th birthday, my wife bought me a Nexstar 4SE. I set this up a few nights ago for the first time, aligned it and after looking at a few stars I set it to point to Saturn. I was quite delighted to be able to see the shape of the rings around Saturn, albeit lacking much detail - and despite the increasing amount of cloud! So I've already ordered a Barlow and other bits of kit to play with.

Another Devon skywatcher here! Live right out in the sticks near Bradworthy.

Any members from North Devon AS out there?

Also have a couple down the road who advertise skywatching holidays in S@N etc. Saw their set up yesterday, 20" Dob, observatory and all other types of scopes!! Am hoping to get some time with them on their monster scope.

Paul

Another Devon skywatcher here! Live right out in the sticks near Bradworthy.

Any members from North Devon AS out there?

Also have a couple down the road who advertise skywatching holidays in S@N etc. Saw their set up yesterday, 20" Dob, observatory and all other types of scopes!! Am hoping to get some time with them on their monster scope.

Paul

Hi Paul & Welcome!

Yes, there' a few of us around. I'm from Barnstaple. Where are the couple that run the hols?

Archived