Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Equinox 120 ngc 2174

CELESCOPE

At last i get out , but only just , cloudy till 8.45 , set up and decided to take in a few views with the new scope , M42 first , must say i,m very very imprest with the quality of this scope , crystal clear views sharp as a pin, clearly knocked me back , M42 wonderful sight , then slewed to M45 even better Diamonds in the sky , and i have to say ,the best i have seen through a scope for a very long time , wonderful ,but back to the serious stuff , not alot of time left, took in an easy object ,testing the guiding , but most of all ,the image scale , as i thought , better use the 6,3 reducer ,as you can see this image filled the frame very well, so exposure was 8x 10 min subs ,Ha filter ,image scope Equinox 120 ,guide scope Equinox 80, guide camera QHY5, AND GUIDED WITH phd,

Needless to say i am well impressed with this set up , just what i have been after , hope you like it , its only a fast and furious one this time around .

Rog

4280_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Very nice image! you must be well chuffed !!!!

arrrrr maybe one day i might come close to producing a wonderful image such as this.

its seeing images like this that inspire me to get out there and give it my best shot.

well done mate !

regards chris

Absolutely blinding first light Rog :hello1:

I've got me eye on one of those scopes too.....think it'd piggyback on a 14 inch LX if balanced properly?

Bet it's good to be up and running again!

Cheers guys , yes for first light , i must say i am very happy . lets hope it continues, image size is impressive , so should serve me just right for the small and medium size Galaxies, with and without the reducer.

Cheers

Rog

Oh yes!!, that new scope is 'doing the business' alright. :)

The good thing is that the setup now fits the width of the slot in the dome :wink::)

Great start Rog, and I can see why you are so pleased with the new acquisition.

Dave

Great result Rog, good to see you back in action with the new gear. Sure looks the biz, keep them coming, we would miss them. You give us something to aspire too :wink:

naz

Archived