NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help me...

Stu

My photoshop skills certainly aren't up to that, in most part because I don't have photoshop! ;-)

You can tell I'm new at this, the scope isn't even pointing at the moon! I did manage a few shots, actually not as good as with the iPhone! I've dug out some extensions so I can do eyepiece projection to get a bit more image scale. At this stage I refuse to do guiding or (much) processing, just a few snapshots :-)

I'm sure you were just using the DSLR as a dust cap weren't you Stu ......   :wink:

I've dabbled with the "dark arts" a few times over the years but you have to use electricity and cables, alignment and stuff that I can't be bothered with  :rolleyes2:

I really enjoy looking at what the folks who can be bothered produce though - some top drawer stuff on the forum  :smiley:

I'm sure you were just using the DSLR as a dust cap weren't you Stu ...... :wink:

I've dabbled with the "dark arts" a few times over the years but you have to use electricity and cables, alignment and stuff that I can't be bothered with :rolleyes2:

I really enjoy looking at what the folks who can be bothered produce though - some top drawer stuff on the forum :smiley:

Yes, that's definitely what I was doing John ;-)

I agree, elastictrickery can be a pain, although when I'm using the Atlux I obviously need power to the mount so it's only a bit more hassle.

No guiding for me though, although I fancy trying to image the ISS perhaps?

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear :shocked: This is what happens when you start taking a few snaps with your phone held up to the eyepiece thinking nothing of it :grin: :grin:

Good God! I just did this very thing for the first time last night! Have I been so easily compromised, as well?

The force is strong in this one ;).

one of us...one of us .. :D

Quite,

But it is staggering how much one is compelled to spend to get the best light sabres, and still be unable to wield it properly. 

If getting hooked on AP and then trying to progress in the dark art were anything like being a Jedi, despite my best efforts, I think I would qualify as a 'youngling' who has almost cut his own arm off a few times ;)

Quite,

But it is staggering how much one is compelled to spend to get the best light sabres, and still be unable to wield it properly. 

If getting hooked on AP and then trying to progress in the dark art were anything like being a Jedi, despite my best efforts, I think I would qualify as a 'youngling' who has almost cut his own arm off a few times ;)

It is only by judging ourselves harshly that we can become Jedi masters young Padwan :D

May the force be with you

I did this once, it all started with a point and shoot on a A-focal mount, i now also put a dslr on my telescopes..........i`ll just take a few snaps of the moon i told myself, then M42, M45, Saturn, Jupiter, star fields..........there is no turning back!

I've not given up hope yet Shane. Hopefully my results will be bad enough to put me off the idea.

My rules for the moment are no guiding, no processing and no laptops. Putting the DSLR on the Vixen on the Atlux mount will be as sophisticated as I get, hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived