NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saying hello from Scotland

CosmicBurger

Hey there,

I'm a space enthusiast from just outside of Edinburgh, UK. I've been interested in taking a bigger plunge into the world of stargazing and thought it would be a good time to get myself a telescope. After some research around the internet (including this forum) I read up on the basics and getting started with equipment and opted to buy a pair of binoculars and a few books. A few months later and I've hopefully got a better understanding of navigating around the night sky.

So getting a telescope is next on my list, I've got my sights set on a few potential scopes but will no doubt come back here in a different post if I've got any questions.

From my visits here so far I've seen that there's a very friendly community even with such a large member base. I look forward to contributing as well as learning more about the hobby and astronomy itself!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome - you should also join up with scottishastronomers.com/forum - its a wee forum just for folks in central Scotland. I'm just outside Edinburgh myself, we often meet up in winter for some observing/imaging sessions at local dark sites. Not a busy site, certainly at this time of year! But worth joining just to be able to meet up with other local folks.

I appreciate the warm welcome from all of you. I look forward to reading a lot of posts as well as posting some of my own.

Welcome - you should also join up with scottishastronomers.com/forum - its a wee forum just for folks in central Scotland. I'm just outside Edinburgh myself, we often meet up in winter for some observing/imaging sessions at local dark sites. Not a busy site, certainly at this time of year! But worth joining just to be able to meet up with other local folks.

I've visited the Central Scotland Observers Group forum before, good to see a lot of local enthusiasts. I will no doubt join the forum myself soon!

Archived