Hi From Devon

romanfort

Hey I am a keen newby in the world of astronomy with very few skills. I am in my gap year, going to study astrophysics next year at university. I have always been interested in astronomy But haven't really done much to further my interests apart from staring at the sky, and reading here and there some books, on interesting extraterrestrial things. I got a Skywatcher 200p telescope a couple of years ago, and have slowly become....well addicted to staring through a metal tube in the freezing cold.

I have just completed the final touches to the modifications of my scope, allowing me to (hopefully!) advance my skills in astrophotography.

below is my scope, It is the Skywatcher 200p with an HEQ5 mount with dual motors, a modified hand controller. Two 50x9 finderscopes (one for finding, one for guiding) a canon 450d un-modded dslr, and a Microsoft Lifecam cinema for guiding, the whole lot then connects to my laptop via a ten metre cable. (hopefully it all works okay...so far to much cloud to test it)

post-26766-0-02218600-1401724275.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived