NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello Belgium

WernerJ

Hi Werner and welcome to SGL - You've come to the right place for all things astro. If you take a look in the sketching section, that will give you some idea about the sorts of things you will see. I'm afraid that us imagers do no favours at all to people starting out and their expectations :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Werner and welcome to SGL, your 6SE is a nice scope and should open up a whole new World of the night sky for you. Try down loading the free program " Stellarium " to help find your way about. If you have any problems, the forum members, in most cases, can provide assistance. Enjoy your Astronomy :)

Hello Werner and a very big welcome to SGL all the way from a wet and not very nice at the moment Bulgaria. Your scope is a good size and a great deal can be done with 150mm apperture, it depends what you are the most interested in. I would take your time and learn the sky first, thats if you don't know it already, then checkout various targets and see what you are the most taken by. The forum has different areas for different interests.

Alan

I werner and welcome to the forum. Great scope to use and especially on solar system objects (planets, moon and sun-with correct filter!) due to its long focal length which makes it easier to apply a lot of magnification to a bright target to tease out those finer details However, the price you pay for that advantage is that the field of view will be narrower which can sometimes prevent you from looking at a whole star cluster (e.g Pleiades) in a single view. It is certainly a very good scope and will certainly keep you busy for some time to come.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James 

Archived