Evening all

PatrickGilliland

Hi to all,

After a lot of reading bought a new scope Skywatcher Equinox 120 on EQ6 pro with Eqmod.

First experience of a EQ mount, all good except the pesky polar alignment and clocks and every guide either making no sense or being different from the last I read!  Makes me feel dimmer than the DSO's I hope to be viewing.  Will be trying Alignmaster at next opportunity and running all via Cart du ciel.  Stellerium which I think looks nicer seems to think my scope is elsewhere where as cdc hits the target.  No idea why maybe that stellerium scope is not meant for latest version.  If I point at same object with both apps get a significant difference.  As both running of eqmod, either I missed a step or Stellerium has been on the sherry.

Managed to get some time last night after scope sitting in waiting for 10 days.  Few tech issues when EQMOD device went nuts resulting in older drivers being required.  A dry run today confirms its working now.  After waiting 10 days to use was a tad frustrating when drivers and devices went nut killing 1/2 of my viewing time.  Oh the joys LOL.

Anyhows - seem to be ready to go again so here's to some clear skys.

Paddy

Hi Paddy and a warm welcome to SGL.

I know what you mean about Stellarium, I noticed that it doesn't seem to be as precise as CdC. The only problem I have with CdC is that I have to turn over control of the handset to EQMOD and it seems to lose my alignment during the changeover. I did try starting EQMOD first (which it says of course "can't find telescope") and putting the tracking on, but still seems to cause problems with drift. I wonder if you have any advice on the best way to setup the different softwares.

Archived