NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all

ReticMikee

Just getting back into astronomy after a long a break ( nearly 20 years )

My last scope was a 10in Newt and after months of searching I have finally bought my new scope :grin: a celestron 11in SCT and now awaiting first light ...!!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heya and welcome from a novice in Norway.

Sounds like a fabulous telescope. Read so many reviews and first lights about this one and its smaller brothers.

Did you purchase some extra stuff aswell?

Rune

Hi and welcome to the forum. Wishing you clear skies for your new scope and look forward to reading your comments regarding that scope - that's a nice piece of kit to have.

Clear skies

James

Thanks all for the warm welcome  :grin:

Heya and welcome from a novice in Norway.

Sounds like a fabulous telescope. Read so many reviews and first lights about this one and its smaller brothers.

Did you purchase some extra stuff aswell?

Rune

Hi Rune

yes indeed Im starting from scratch again so I had to get buy some eyepieces ( Hyperion ) barlows 2x 3x  and a Baader 2in clicklock diagonal :grin:

Also ordered an ASI120mc as I would like to try planetary imaging  ( have lots of reading to do first )  LOL

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :grin:

Tried last night as there were a few breaks in the clouds BUT by the time I set the scope up  ( not even time to do a star align ) the clouds rolled in :mad:

Hopefully tonight looks better !!!!

Archived