Hi everyone , newbie from East Yorkshire

cybadaz

Hellooo , 

Great forum and look forward to learning lots from you all :D

A bit about me ...

Im Darren  from east yorks , UK . I am quite new to astronomy although i did have a very cheap build your own plastic scope as a kid - it made me think

those impressive light cannons were expensive !

But  just this week i discovered how affordable getting a Scope really is and bought one with the intentions of combining a few of my hobbies into together .

Ive had a go at butchering a webcam already  so i can capture some images as i go and ive got a nice big flask for those chilly nights :) 

With the British weather what it is , ive not had a chance to see anything more than an early evening moon , but i already love the anticipation of next time :)

cheers Darren

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Darren, Welcome to SGL. You are in the right place for any questions you may have.  It's a very friendly place.  Plenty  of good informatiom on the different forums. What scope did you buy.

cheers , yeah no doubt ill be asking allsorts ;)

I got the Skyliner 150p and i think it will just about fit on the back seat of the car luckily - didnt think it would be soooo big .

Hi Darren welcome to the lounge,

hope you enjoy your time here in S G L, your scope will give

you lot's of great night's, let's hope the weather is kind "soon."

Good Luck  and Clear Sky's

Hi, Darren, and a warm welcome to SGL! That's a very versatile scope you have there - small enough to be portable to dark sites, but easy to maintain. It will be good for planetary photography - depending on your camera of course!  (I use my 150P on a CG5 mount for both planetary and deep sky imaging).

Martin

Archived