Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from South Africa

gerharden

Hi All,

Always had an interest in astronomy and took my first step, beyond binoculars, over ten years back when I bought a Meade ETX-125. This was my introduction to the awe inspiring sights of the cosmos. I still remember when I let my gardener in Malawi look through the scope at the moon. What an experience to see the amazement and excitement on his face. Since then I've loved to share my passion with others.

I wanted to move onto Astrophotography and my little Meade just was not enough and bought a Celestron CGEM-1100 two years back. This scope has been a pleasure (and sometimes a frustration) and opened a whole new world to me. I’m still very much a newbie, and sometime the stars align and I get fantastic shots and other times the celestial gods just do not smile on me (http://www.cardinal-consulting.co.za/content/Astronomy/Astronomy.html).

All in all I love being just another blind watcher of the skies and cannot wait for the next opportunity to leave work and the stresses of world behind and just stare into the night skies, with or without a telescope.

Have been browsing through various astronomy forums over the years looking for advice and guidance. I finally decided to join in.

Regards to all form Hartbeespoort in South Africa.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gerhard & Welcome to SGL.  Some impressive gear you have there.  You have some terrific images on your site.  When you find your way around this site you should post some of the images in the appropriate forums i.e. Imaging & Non Astro - Photography.  Looking forward to seeing you around.

Archived