Good evening from Stroud, a Gloucestershire

IanWatkins

Hi All,

Ian here from Stroud, Gloucestershire. I'm not new to astronomy and was a member here up until a couple of years ago when working away and a shoulder injury put an end to it.

Couple of years on and I'm back to working from home again, several shoulder surgeries later and I'm fit again.

I kept most of my kit so just here, finding my way around again. Did sell my NEQ6 back then and a DMK camera as I was getting out of imaging but rest of my kit is as follows:

Lyra Optics 6" refractor (f8 ISTAR) with polished tube.

Skywatcher 180Mak

Skywatcher 80ED

PST

SkyTee2

Big pile of bits to go with it all.

I've also got my garden back to being usable and a new workshop/astro shed going in shortly. I used to be into DSO imaging and solar imaging but the techie side was spoiling the enjoyment (I'm a techie by trade), so plan is to just do observing and to spend time enjoying it rather than being on an imaging mission.

So, will be selling on some stuff and looking towards getting a big dob during this year. My new shed will allow me to wheel in and out bigger kit than I ever could before.

Having a browse about here, good to see some familiar names :)

Cheers

Ian

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Ian  :smiley:

That 6" Lyra Optics / Istar rings a bell - they only made a couple of those didn't they ?

I have an Istar 6" F/12. Great objective lens but quite a handful to get on a sturdy mount.

Enjoy the forum !

Archived