An introduction...

Steven McC

Hey, after retiring and moving out of the city (Ottawa, ON) I have just recently begun Stargazing as a hobby.   This past time has been completely hidden from me for almost 35 years by never seeing the night sky and never realizing  how much of an interest it could be for me .  I am now located on the east coast of Canada (New Brunswick) and now can see more than the dozen urban stars. WOW

After a couple of months of naked eye and binocular star gazing I recently made the decision and bought my first scope (an Orion XT10).  I have enjoyed using it but it has had it's challenges,(Collimation, Aligning the "finder" scope, etc...)  It has loads of learning curve and getting to know the sky has only added to the joy.

I hope this forum's users will help me by patiently answering my questions and also by being a place to listen and learn from other member's questions and answers.

Steven McC

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steven and welcome to SGL - You are definitely in the right place for friendly help and advise. If you have any questions then do ask - None of us were born astronomers :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived