Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Lancashire

Han Solo 2000

Hi

First time astronomer and I have a Celestron 8SE with Celestron Lens Kit. I also have a Atik Titan colour CCD and a Nikon D5100 DLSR with 18-55 lens and a 28mm prime lens.

I've only had a couple of nights out, managed to see Jupiter with moons last night, although only small but great to see on a really clear night. Had problems with Atik Titan. Couldn't get first exposure to show anything although through the diagonal lens, I could see Jupiter. Need to play some more!

Haven't connected the DLSR to the scope yet.

Any help or guidance appreciated!

Simon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Simon and welcome to SGL - There's a wealth of information on the forum. Have a look in the imaging section and if you can't see what you need then just ask. People are always more than happy to help.

If you are thinking about DSO imaging then that will lead you onto a whole host of other stuff to think about, but enjoy the ride :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

First welcome to the lounge, we have had a few decent clear (ish) nights in Lancashire just wish i had my scope already to see up there :( should be ordering mine in a week or so. If you see anything really interesting would love to know because I plan to spend many a late night gazing through it into the amazing universe we live in.

Archived