Hello From Belfast

Iron Lung

Hello. My name is Chris. I'm 31 years old and I am from Belfast Ireland/Northern Ireland. I've been an amateur photographer for around 7 years now I've always been always been fascinated with astrology and the night sky but never photographed it so I have decided to try my hand at astrophotography. I searched in Google and here I am :laugh:... I come in peace :alien:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chris,

Don't confuse the science of astronomy with the nonsense that is astrology as it will not go down well.

That said you will find astrophotography a lot more challenging then almost any other type. For me that's a lot of the fun of it. Tell us a bit about the sort of astrophotography that interests you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi Chris,

Don't confuse the science of astronomy with the nonsense that is astrology as it will not go down well.

That said you will find astrophotography a lot more challenging then almost any other type. For me that's a lot of the fun of it. Tell us a bit about the sort of astrophotography that interests you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

:embarrassed: Did I say Astrology, oops I meant Astronomy of course, must be the Carlsberg talking. I have always watched any program about astronomy and the night sky from as long as I can remember though I don't really know to much about the various types of astrophotography so Id be grateful for any knowledge and advice you have to offer. I guess Id like to start taking Photos of the milky way first. I don't have the equipment to zoom into Nebulas or planets yet, So I guess that would be landscape astrophotography?

Hi Chris and welcome to SGL from a fellow imager. The good news is that you can do some cracking milky way shots with a DSLR and a fixed tripod. Keep it nice and wide and stack loads of subs with DSS (DeepSkyStacker - free to download) and that should be that!!

Imaging is a 'fun' game ...........!! There's two main types really, Solar system (I include lunar, planetary and solar in that) and Deep Space (galaxies and nebulas for example) - Sadly they both require different stuff with regards camera, scopes and mounts, so people very often make a decision about which they prefer or just have lots of equipment!! :grin: I'm strictly a DSO girl myself.

Look forward to seeing your images :smiley:

Archived