Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings fellow earthlings

Wraithmek

I figured I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself and tell my story. I'm a twenty-four year old male living in Australia, and since childhood, I have always had an interest in outer space. Despite this, I never became involved in astronomy and eventually as the years rolled by my interests became much more earthbound. Recently however, my love for the night sky was rekindled after a recent camping trip, and I decided that I would like to pursue some amateur astronomy.  I acquired a modest reflector telescope not too long ago and I am itching to put it to use. 

However, I'm sad to say that I know very little about astronomy, telescopes, and how to get started. I'm hoping to meet some like minded enthusiasts and learn a thing or two, getting me pointed in the right direction.

For now, I'll finish this up with a hello. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL  :smiley: , There's no rocket science to pointing a scope to the night skies, It's just about getting out there and enjoying the moment!, Download Stellarium it's free & will  help you learn the night skies  :grin: ,

Hi from Bonnie Scotland

I am a total newbie so my advice is to enjoy the journey as I intend to do

I can also remember a camping trip years ago and looking up to what looked like thousands of stars

Fond memories

Archived