NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just Landed

RA18-52-54_237D57-25-21_07

Hi all,

Just a quick hello!!

Not much to tell you but lots of questions...  Soon to take the plunge and buy my first scope, with a little helpful guidance, from those in the know.

I've been to a couple of BSIA events in the Brecon Beacons and have had a load of 'good' advice from other members there but I'm still unsure which way to go (type of scope) etc.

Will be back soon to gather some 'Dark Matter' from you all

TTFN

MJK

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, RA18-52-53_237D57-25-21_07!

Can I call you RA? :D

Well done on your first purchase, that's a big first step knowing which telescope to buy as it can be a minefield out there - well done for getting advice first.

Which telescope did you buy? :)

Hi MJK, I got my scope from lurking here and have only been disappointed by the lack of clear skies, I hold SGL responsible because they encourage astronomy, which, creates clouds :D. Give some detail on budget and preference, observation only, observation with a mind to astro photography etc, scopes you think may suite your budget and style and I am sure you will get some good experience based advice. Happy hunting!

Hi MJK and welcome to SGL - There'll be plenty of folks more than willing to help you spend your ££'s!! Perhaps a little extra information would help, such as what you want to observe, your conditions, portability etc.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi MJK,

Phew glad you signed those initials - the username looked way too long!

Welcome to SGL and all the best with your first scope dilema/adventure - it's often daunting and often seems like you're chasing your tail trying to decide which direction to turn in, but lots of fun and learning.   Hopefully by the time you've chosen and ordered the weather will come good.

Hi MJK and welcome to SGL, (TTFN) that is going back some years, Tommy Handley and ITMA, or something like that. Enjoy your Astronomy :)

Jimmy Young used to use it when signing off from his radio show I believe.

James

Archived