Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the west coast of Norway

Pondus

Heya

My name is Rune, and I live on the west coast of Norway (approx. 59°N), literally by the shore of the North Sea. Married, two kids. 

My interests (besides English football, fishing and skiing that is), is visual observing. I`ll definitely leave deep space imaging to the experts among you. 

I use a small telescope and a pair of binoculars for observing the sky.

My plan for this season was to upgrade to a cpc 925 (oh my how I wish for this one), but due to continuously windy and rainy nights, (and need of a new car..) I have delayed the purchase. The grab’n’go scope I own, has been perfect considering the unstable weather. 

I`ve been reading and enjoying posts in this forum for a few years. It`s been educative, informative and very often highly entertaining reading.

You people are good writers you know. I`m afraid I can`t contribute there.

Oh, I wish the UK people all the clear sky they can get. Weather must have been really bad over there, since it has become a regular topic on Norwegian news. You certainly deserve a break by now (..besides my fave English team plays better football when weather is good, or so I imagine :smiley:) .

Regards

Rune 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rune and welcome to SGL - Glad that you have found the forum so useful. There's even one or two folks who know what they are talking about :grin: As an imager I can not contribute at all to your visual stuff, but it's nice to have you here.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Rune and welcome to SGL - Glad that you have found the forum so useful. There's even one or two folks who know what they are talking about :grin: As an imager I can not contribute at all to your visual stuff, but it's nice to have you here.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thank you for your warm welcoming. I must admit that I admire your images. Your Rosette nebula image is hypnotic. You are definitely one of the imaging experts im referring to :smiley: 

Stunning images.

Hi Rune

Welcome form me too. I love your country very much and will be visiting again

in early March on a cruise taking in Stavanger, Bergen and then up into the

Arctic Circle to Tromso and Alta where we spend two days in each.

Hoping we get a glimpse of the Northern Lights whist we are there.  :happy3:

You must live not far from Stavanger at that latitude.

Kind Regards and Clear Skies

Mike    :smiley:

Hi Rune

Welcome form me too. I love your country very much and will be visiting again

in early March on a cruise taking in Stavanger, Bergen and then up into the

Arctic Circle to Tromso and Alta where we spend two days in each.

Hoping we get a glimpse of the Northern Lights whist we are there.  :happy3:

You must live not far from Stavanger at that latitude.

Kind Regards and Clear Skies

Mike    :smiley:

Thanks for your welcoming. I live on a small island, Karmøy, north of Stavanger, so I will probably see the lights of your ship  when youre passing by :wink:  .

I think you have a good chance of seeing the northern lights, when visiting Tromsø and Alta. I sincerely hope you will have a great cruise.

COOL! West coast of Norway!, can you teach me to wingsuit base jumping please!!!

Lol. Only if you decide to jump with planks attached to your feet. I wish I could brag about my extreme sport abilities, but the most daring thing I do is

getting down them hills in deep powder, and I rarely look like an expert doing it.

Brenda : Unfortunately I struggle with streetlights around our house. I usually go down to an WWII bunker and observe from there, with only the sea

in front of me. However I go to the mountains of Telemark from time to time, where the sky is much much better.

Thanks for your welcoming. I live on a small island, Karmøy, north of Stavanger, so I will probably see the lights of your ship  when youre passing by :wink:  .

I think you have a good chance of seeing the northern lights, when visiting Tromsø and Alta. I sincerely hope you will have a great cruise.

All the best, Rune. Will give you a wave as we pass by your island.  :hello:

Stavanger is last port of call on March 23rd on the way home

Cheers

Mike

Archived