NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from the west coast of Norway

Pondus

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the warm welcoming from all of you.

I forgot to mention that the scope I own is a Skywatcher Heritage 130p. Low budget I know, but works well for me, and I know people in

here uses it as their grab and go telescope.

As I mentioned I had (and still have) plans of buying the cpc925, but I think I have to wait awhile to get that one.

Rune

Hei hei Rune,

I spent the last few years all over Norway and I think I spent the equivalent cost of a small house on your (far from fine but incredibly expensive) beer. The first time I asked for a pint of Aass I thought that was what I got (I pronounced it wrong too, oh how the bar man laughed)

Mostly Oslo, Stavanger, Langsten (Tomrefjord), Stord (that can't be far from where you are) and Bergen. There sure is a lot of rain in The west, even for someone from Aberdeen.

Beautiful fjords though and plenty of long long dark winter skies.

Welcome to the forum and hope you have some great nights with your scope :)

Hei hei Rune,

I spent the last few years all over Norway and I think I spent the equivalent cost of a small house on your (far from fine but incredibly expensive) beer. The first time I asked for a pint of Aass I thought that was what I got (I pronounced it wrong too, oh how the bar man laughed)

Mostly Oslo, Stavanger, Langsten (Tomrefjord), Stord (that can't be far from where you are) and Bergen. There sure is a lot of rain in The west, even for someone from Aberdeen.

Beautiful fjords though and plenty of long long dark winter skies.

Welcome to the forum and hope you have some great nights with your scope :)

Thank you  for the welcoming.

I think the committee who set the prices of beer in Norway, are the same committee  that decides the prices of telescopes over here.

I always drink Heineken when it comes to beer, but I`m more picky when it comes to whisky  :smiley: .

Stord is 80 minutes drive from my home btw. You have really travelled them fjords.

Archived