SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from North-East England

ToTheWorld

Hey everyone, my name's Tom and I've recently purchased my first proper telescope after a near-miss with a dodgy one from GroupOn.

I bought the Celestron Astromaster 114EQ after seeing it winning Telescopes's 2012 and 2013 'recommended beginner's scope', as well as being highly-recommended in other places. I originally bought a Zennox 700x76 from GroupOn but swiftly realised it was a pile of garbage before returning it - a lucky escape!

I hope you're all well and look forward to building the hobby up , along with my knowledge of it in the future.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL and good luck with your new scope.  Someone who bought an eyepiece from me lived near you, he drove out to the NYM, just above Great Ayton (on the road to Chop Gate I think), he said it was very dark up there and great for visual.

Robin

Hi Tom welcome. Where in the North East are you from?

Welcome to SGL and good luck with your new scope. Someone who bought an eyepiece from me lived near you, he drove out to the NYM, just above Great Ayton (on the road to Chop Gate I think), he said it was very dark up there and great for visual.

Robin

The warm welcome's much appreciated, hopefully I'll see you all around the forum.

Hi Tom welcome. Where in the North East are you from?

I live in Teesside, you're from the region too I'm guessing?

Welcome to SGL and good luck with your new scope.  Someone who bought an eyepiece from me lived near you, he drove out to the NYM, just above Great Ayton (on the road to Chop Gate I think), he said it was very dark up there and great for visual. Robin

Cheers for the recommendation, I was just thinking of looking for some darker areas to head out to.

Yes just wondering if you had been to any local astro societies quite a few in the north east who usually have dark sites you can go to with other like minded people to view the cosmos.  I think Teeside have one but there is Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle, Northumberland to name a few.

Archived