Hi all from a quiet member!

badhex

Hello everyone

I joined SGL a few years ago and have perused a lot but not posted much - only tagged onto a couple of discussions.

Some help if I may ask: I posted a new topic today in the Getting Started Equipment Help and Advice section here http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/205369-charles-frank-scope-and-mount/ , and although there have been a number of new posts with since which have had 10+ replies, I don't seem to have had any at all! Am I missing something? Does my post need to be approved or similar?  :huh:

Thanks and happy stargazing!  :smiley:

Welcome to SGL

It may be a few days before someone who knows much about what you're asking actually reads your posting.  Some people apparently don't spend all their time reading SGL.  I know, it's hard to believe :D

James

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum. I agree with the above comment that your enquiry has so far failed because for many the required information falls outside most people's experience. It's regrettable but that is the way it can go sometimes.

I hope it won't put you off from posting future questions and hope that you will still be able to enjoy the forum.  :smiley:

Clear skies

James

Thanks all!

I work in IT so I'm used to posting on forums where no one replies, or it's just nonsense, but I had wondered if I was missing a trick with approved posts or something having made so few!

I guess we'll have to see what the next few days brings :)

Joe

I posted a thread on the Virgo galaxies last week. Got about 2 replies. Good replies though they were, I was hoping for a bit more. Yesterday someone posted something similar and got bags of interest with some great replies. Sometimes threads just get a bit buried - generally everyone is happy to help if they can.

You could try an "any ideas??" post on your original thread to get it back up there. I am quite intrigued to see what it is about. Although as you can see from my signature, I am still very much a newbie and have very little idea, so can't guarantee that I can help.

Paul

Welcome Joe - unfortunately I'm unable to offer any knowledge on this one either, but it does look to be nice quality.     I'll be watching with interest to see how it develops and to learn a little history on this - sure someone here will be able to shed some light here.

The most important thing though is to dust it off and get it out and working under the skies (when mother nature indulges us with some clear sky that is).

I've used many forums and boards over the years, but never found one as well run or helpful as this - though occasionally a thread can get buried, hang in there! 

Hi Joe and welcome to SGL, Charles Frank and his telescopes are somewhat dated, I remember his adds in my youth, in the Exchange and Mart many years ago. It is more than possible that there is little now known about his products on the forum and in essence this would have to be associated mostly with our more senior membership. Probably one reason why there has been a slow response to your initial inquiry, however, do not give up hope :)

Welcome! Please do not be disheartened. If you had posted about a SkyWatcher 200p then the answers would have been more forthcoming, I am sure. The reality is that age and rarity of the scope means there are few people who know about them. Great post though and will go towards educating others.

Matt.

Archived