Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Emerging from the shadows...

Baskii

Hi all,

I thought it was about time to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a couple of months, being informed and entertained!

I'm from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, where the skies aren't completely light polluted (yet). I've enjoyed science and things space-related since childhood, but I've only been actively interested in astronomy since some friends bought me a scope (a 4.5" Meade newt) as a birthday present a few years ago. The Meade recently made way for an Orion Optics Europa 200.

I'd like to get a bit more use out of the scope and have decided to build a pier once the weather gets warmer - in fact that was how I ended up here, being wowed by Kai Herb's efforts!

I'm taking some short OU courses in astronomy in an attempt to stop my brain from withering away, and I may take it further (as long as it remains enjoyable!) I still have an awful lot to learn about "practical" astronomy and so I may be bothering you good people with questions from time to time...

This is a great forum with some incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic members - and I'm very glad to have found it!

Baskii (a.k.a. Alex)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alex,

I’m a total newbie. Can’t recommend this site enough! :thumbright:

After reading your intro, think I’ll start an OU course myself.. :shock: Seems like a great way to get a founding in the basics.

This seems to be the best starting point: http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01S194

Only £32.50 with Tesco vouchers… :D

Happy learning

Archived