Hello

simon369

Hello 

I ma 25 years old

I ma very new to Astronomy. However i have started to become curious and interested in space / the universe and other planets.

O dont have a telescope yet,.

My first step is to learn about things first then i know what i am looking for / at when i do get a very good telescope :D

Thank you..

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello 25 year old Simon and welcome to SGL!

You've come to the right place... and you are probably also correct to hold off buying your first scope until you have an idea of what parts of the hobby interest you most (your requirements will differ depending on whether you are primarily interested in the planets / moon or deep sky objects (nebula etc) and whether you're interested in visual astronomy or might want to get in to astrophotography.

Hi Simon and welcome to SGL. A basic star map or download Stellarium, together with good dark skies is all you require to start your observations, however, a pair of binoculars, something in the region of 7x50 or 10x50, would be an advantage, as these will reveal much more in the night sky than your basic eye sight, enjoy :) 

Welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and also at the start of your interest before you've bought anything. There's loads of folks on here who will love to help you spend your money when you are ready!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to SGL  :)

Good choice on holding off until you have done some research.  There is a lot of choice out there and its best to make an educated purchase.

Whatever takes your fancy run it by everyone here and you will get an honest opinion as i think every scope in existence has been owned by someone on here at some time.7

Good luck with your research and look forward to seeing you around.

Lee

Archived