Hello

buddym

Hello to all:

I'm a complete newbie but i've been interested in astonomy and astrophysics for some time and of late have been reading and studying and even doing a little observing with the binocs.  I finally took the plunge and bought some gear (Celestron C6 on a CG4 along with a few other goodies).  I'm looking forward to getting it put together, aligned, and trying it out.  Unfortunately I live in the big city where we almost have to wear sunglasses at night but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to spot a thing or two with my 6" CAT.

BTW - I had been scratching my head about to install a polar finder on the CG-4 - Celestron can be a little stingy with the instructions - and, after lots of searching, I found a thread here where a member explained exactly how to do it (evidently it requires a wrench and some oomf to remove the polar finder mount that comes installed on it) and included nice pics.   I was very impressed and I figured this was the place to be for a newcomer.

Still a lot to learn but looking forward to the journey.

Archived