NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M45

martin_h

Its taken me about 3 months to complete this, what with cloud and full moons, its been one of these that I have shot a few frames as and when in-between other things.

Anyway its done -ish for now, comprising of 5 hours of lum subs and 3 hours per channel RGB. Processing was a combination of Pixinsight and PS.

M45web.png

Absolutely stunning Martin. Love how you have managed to tease out the greyish nebulosity which is not usually 

shown as it's intended. Most images are usually too blue (well to my mind anyway).

I have around 9 hours of data( or 4.5 hours usable).

I tried to capture last night but the wind caused havoc and ruined most of my subs.

Makes me chuckle.....don't touch a QHY ccd with a bargepole.

cheers

Steve

Absolutely stunning Martin. Love how you have managed to tease out the greyish nebulosity which is not usually 

shown as it's intended. Most images are usually too blue (well to my mind anyway).

I have around 9 hours of data( or 4.5 hours usable).

I tried to capture last night but the wind caused havoc and ruined most of my subs.

Makes me chuckle.....don't touch a QHY ccd with a bargepole.

cheers

Steve

I use a dslr but am curious....what's wrong with the qhy? I use the qhy5-II as a guide camera and was thinking of having a play on some planetary....or is it the dso cameras you are refering to? As I say, I've never imaged with a ccd so it's all dutch to me :)

I use a dslr but am curious....what's wrong with the qhy? I use the qhy5-II as a guide camera and was thinking of having a play on some planetary....or is it the dso cameras you are refering to? As I say, I've never imaged with a ccd so it's all dutch to me :)

Hi Scott,

QHY had an issue with the QHY8 MK1 & QHY8 Pro with misting within the CCD chamber

and the front cover glass. These issues have been firmly resolved and all later releases are fine.

cheers

Steve

Hi Scott,

QHY had an issue with the QHY8 MK1 & QHY8 Pro with misting within the CCD chamber

and the front cover glass. These issues have been firmly resolved and all later releases are fine.

cheers

Steve

thanks Steve 

Incredible work there Martin - very deep, well beyond the usual hints of nebulosity and this has produced staggering amounts of detail - coupled with many hours of processing!  Are you posting the full res version anywhere.

Archived