Areet

Fypunky

Now then lads n lasses.

Due to a rather enthusiastic daughter of 9 earth years I appear to be getting dragged into this astronomy like passing by a black hole!

So in order to gather enough information to sound as if I know all about the sky above I have been trolling around the forum for some time and thought it best to register and become a member so here I am.

We live in the light polluted capital of Lancashire, UK.

Currently we spend nights out looking through some bins (10x50's) and have really enjoyed clusters like Pleiades, however come xmas and little legs will receive a new scope.

My day job is an optician so when it comes to the optics side I have a lot of knowledge, but this is a different ball game and already I finding myself learning so much more, I had no idea how much was involved at looking into a night sky!

Cheers for now

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

it's great when kid's get involved with this wonderful hobby,

your daughter will be so thrilled to get a scope for Christmas.

Observing the night sky with bins is a good way to learn what

to look for so keep it going until you get the scope.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's 

Hi and welcome to the forum. As an optician, we welcome your technical contributions as long as you don't make a spectacle of yourself :grin:  :grin:  Boom! Boom! (.....I'll get my coat!)

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum

James

Pleased to meet you.

I take the Capital as being Lancaster. But initially I thought from your "Fy" prefix you might be from the intellectual capital - Blackpool :) 

Nice hair by the way. Just be careful, you'll have someone's eye out with that... :)

Hi Fypunky and welcome to SGL to you and your Daughter, to help bring some sense to all those points of light you see above, on a nice clear night, down load Stellarium and as an extra Xmas pressie for both of you, by a copy of "Turn Left @ Orion" to use with your new scope, enjoy :)  

Archived