Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello to everyone

ultramol

Just like to say hello to everyone at SGL. I have been interested in astronomy since I can remember but have only ever owned a 4" newtonian. This however was stolen from my shed and it left me with just my  15 x 70 inpro binoculars. I am though going to get myself another scope and no doubt will be asking lots of advice from this community (sorry in advance ). Before becoming a member I had already plundered the valuable info that can be found on this site simply because if I googled  a problem this place kept on coming up with the answers. I then thought why on earth am I not a member. So, decided today to do something about it and here I am. One of my hobbies is to observe Iridium Flares (amongst other satellites). I am not sure if you have a section on satellites but I know there is a wealth of info to be got from here on all other aspects of astronomy and I look forward to interacting with everyone here. Regards....Geoff

Hi Geoff and welcome to SGL, your experiences with the theft of your scope from the shed, should give everyone a wakeup call, to all who keep their precious gear outside, to ensure that it is well and truly secure :)

Archived