SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Well, like Harry Stamper in Armageddon, I don't know how to fail!!! heheRight, time for bed - night night my astro-buddies :)

Just going to have a quick look outside then bedtime,see you all at the meeting

Neil

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about food... It's given me an idea. Think it might take off?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm looking at you particularly Gain! ;)

Apologies it's upside down. That's to make sure our Australian readers do not feel left out!

Yummy! Tomorrows menu

Curry pork chops and Onions!!

Geddit?

Ooh, another great talk by Dr Julian Onions, followed by a banter filled time at the Cinnamon Lounge.

Thank you for a great night WADAS dudes - keep up the good work peoples hehe.

I think there was a time that I was normal, bit I can't remember now.........

Just enjoying a Disaronno on the rocks to finish my evening - hmmmmm, lovely :)

Great meeting and a proper laugh at the curry night.

Unlike Vicky I'm just polishing off a pint of water after all that garlic!

Haha, it was a good one. I don't mind being at the end of some of the jokes lol.

Hmm, fortunately I don't have to be up for work at 5am.

Lates for me this week, so no work until 2pm :)

Yes. Really enjoyed the night. Great talk from Julian and ditto what Soupy said - great curry and company afterwards.

Particularly impressed that Damian managed to eat practically a whole family naan by himself!

On my little refractor, one of the two threaded holes (for the thumb screws that tighten down on the star diagonal) is fractionally too large and the thumb screw won't grip and it just comes straight out.

I have tried the thumb screw from the other side, and that too falls out of this side, so I know it is the little threaded hole rather than the screw.

Is there anything I can put round the screw or in the hole to help to grip/tighten the thumb screw, or do I need to see if I can find a slightly bigger screw.

Trouble is that is only fractionally too big, so the next size screw might be too big.

Obviously, I still have one side to tighten down onto the star diagonal (or DSLR nose piece), but don't feel it is as secure as having them both in.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Archived