SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to note a slight change of time for tomorrow night.

There is a parents evening finishing at 7.00 but all things being equal it will probably run late, I'm talking from experience.

Therefore we have been requested not to start arriving until after 7.15 as the car park might be busy!

I propose starting the meeting at 7.45 to give the school time to finish the parents evening, please wait in the reception till 7.30 if you arrive early.

Just Catching up on all the notes after 6 nights in Benidorm with ex workmates, even with the bright lights of Calle Gerona the sky was clear as a bell, night temp never dropped below 14f.Took my bino's but never got round to using them as earliest I got back to room was 2-30 am lol.

When is the next meeting arranged for plz.

Eric

Another enjoyable evening with the WADAS gang as usual - it was lovely to meet Lee and thank you to Matt for helping to sort out my laptop (or it's operator, which was more the case hehe).

Good to have a proper natter over a beer in the pub.

Hopefully we'll be able to get out soon for a night of viewing :)

I thought I should apply a picture to my signature. The white 60mm Tasco is quite good on the Moon up to 700x. Still not a patch on the 50mm GreenKat perfect for planets and faint nebulae.

Fabulous, but have you checked out the max. load capacity on the EQ8? Wouldn't want it buckling under the weight?

Joking aside, bet that 50mm GreenKat gives some lovely views. It's a smart looking scope too :)

I do hope the weather picks up. Back in scunny this weekend but might shoot over to Green Witch on Monday and pick up a 250 dob. Matt.

Well, that'll totally put the kiss of death on the weather Matt hehe ;)

250mm dob - nice one - has he got it in stock before you trail over there? Have you done your membership as he may give a discount for WADAS member :)

Really good Vicky spend another half hour and do me one lol. Get a frame and put it on the wall it's well worth it

Thanks Mark. I'm quite pleased with it, but bet I can't do another lol. Been looking at that Hubble book I bought, and got inspired to be arty lol. Think I will get it framed for Vic's Astronomy Central. If I do another one as good, you can have it :)

Thanks Mark. I'm quite pleased with it, but bet I can't do another lol. Been looking at that Hubble book I bought, and got inspired to be arty lol. Think I will get it framed for Vic's Astronomy Central. If I do another one as good, you can have it :)

That's nice of you. I would be proud to hang it on my wall it's really good. The best I can do when it come to drawing is a Lowery (match stick men ) and even then there not that good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that'll totally put the kiss of death on the weather Matt hehe ;)

250mm dob - nice one - has he got it in stock before you trail over there? Have you done your membership as he may give a discount for WADAS member :)

I will ring next week if i decide on it. Got the membership form on my desk - ill just try not to forget it.

Matt.

Thanks Soupy - can't reveal all my secrets at once you know...... Ursula is a woman of mystery lol ;)

Not if you talk to her lol!

Great effort there Vicky thought you'd been out imaging again.

Weather is yet again atrocious! It's a good job the scope when it's done will make a good ornament!

Gorgeous clear skies up here in Kielder ATM, but only about 2° so feels absolutely freezing. Saw a beautiful late Taurid earlier, shame Moon is out otherwise I'm sure I'd catch a few more. We are due some serious snow early morning though so fingers crossed I don't get snowed in! ;)

Archived