Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not if you talk to her lol!

Great effort there Vicky thought you'd been out imaging again.

Weather is yet again atrocious! It's a good job the scope when it's done will make a good ornament!

Haha, yup, hardly a "closed book" that Ursula lol ;)

I have no idea what the weather did overnight - as it was so wet and cloudy, and Terry had gone out for a beer with his dad and brother, I decided to get an early night and was tucked up in bed by 10.30pm.

Clear blue skies and the early morning sun over Horbury this morning - hopefully, it'll stay nice today, but I doubt it will.

Going to look at a house with my mate at 10am and then we're heading into Leeds for an afternoon around the Christmas markets.

Have a good day my fellow WADAS gang, and I'll catch you later :)

Sky is probably the best I've seen it for a couple of weeks.

Does seem to have been pretty clear - we've just had a bit of patchy cloud over Horbury, but not much.

I've had a brilliant day in Leeds at the German Christmas markets which involved a mulled wine, a couple of cheeky Tiger beers and a Singha (Thai beer) which was lovely. We even had a play in the Frozen snow globe and had our photo taken lol

Was just too worn out when I got home to get the scope out, so just been blobbed out and enjoying a rather delicious Baileys & Disaronno before heading to bed.

Hope some of you have got out to do a bit of viewing :)

Me and G had a successful night finalising the truss pole lengths for my scope.

Shall be back to it Monday to cut them and get them down to the welders.

Off to Teesside tomorrow to discuss telescope making. A real shame Soupy can't make it .

Damian

Off to Teesside tomorrow to discuss telescope making. A real shame Soupy can't make it .

Damian

Good news that you are getting it all to come together Damian – the Mapstar Monster is nearly ready to be unleashed.

Take care tomorrow. Shame Soupy can't make it. You'll be great :)

Emjoy

Damian

We made good progress last night and good seeing stars through your scope!

Have a good day with John!

Nice cake Neil.

Just home from a very enjoyable day with John and twelve others during the telescope making day.

Think it went well and everyone engaged with it. Memorable day especially with the Galloway crew presenting me with an emergency mirror kit

Thanks guyspost-28847-0-72769800-1448222545_thumb.j

Love the emergency mirror kit Damian - brilliant! So pleased you've had a good day. Your journey is nearing it's end, and you'll soon be enjoying the incredible views your scope will offer.

Great job on the fireball spot Eric - I've not been outside this evening as we have had it quite cloudy over Horbury.

Looks like it is clearing now, so I might get half an hour with the binos or little frac before bed.

Cake looked yummy btw Neil ;)

Hi Vicky, been really clear here in Ossett for well over an hour now both North & east skies not bad at all despite the moon, bit tired as I have been busy getting rid of Windows 8.1 & installing Win 7 on one of my grandsons laptop, they had no discs so I have been having to search trial & error to replace all the drivers, patience is the virtue, success after 9 hours messing about with it, hence didn't get the scope out lol.

Eric

Archived