Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Getting perfect focus was so difficult. Got it all set up and spot on, and then we had "dew panic" just before the eclipse was starting. Fortunately, Gain helped me get the scope off the mount and infront of the car fans for 5 minutes, before helping me get it back on and lined up again. Obviously, I then had to re-focus it all, and managed to get it done in the nick of time. Had to keep checking the focus inbetween each shot by zooming right in to make sure it hadn't slipped, even just a fraction. Then inbetween all that I was trying to lay back and enjoy the splendour of the Milky Way! ;)

Your hard work paid off then.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what I forgot to mention about Monday morning's sky - as I said it was really dark and clear, and the Milky Way looked stunning. Apart from when I was up at Kielder, I have never seen a sky like it. Anyway, M33 stuck out like a sore thumb when I viewed it through the binos. It was Gain who said he had viewed it through his, so I had a look through mine and it was so obvious! Really clear, and I didn't need to use averted vision to see it. Totally forgot to look for M101 - I should have had another go to find my nemesis whilst the sky was so dark. Kicked myself when I thought about it after I had got home. Soupy - if we have clear skies at Kielder please remind me to look for M101 :)

I know what I forgot to mention about Monday morning's sky - as I said it was really dark and clear, and the Milky Way looked stunning. Apart from when I was up at Kielder, I have never seen a sky like it. Anyway, M33 stuck out like a sore thumb when I viewed it through the binos. It was Gain who said he had viewed it through his, so I had a look through mine and it was so obvious! Really clear, and I didn't need to use averted vision to see it. Totally forgot to look for M101 - I should have had another go to find my nemesis whilst the sky was so dark. Kicked myself when I thought about it after I had got home. Soupy - if we have clear skies at Kielder please remind me to look for M101 :)

Sounds like a good sky then. When I went to teeside to look at comet hale bop those skies were great there too and the best that I have been under.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

What has progressed on the scope Damian?

I picked up that Dob for the school yesterday, it's looks great, giving it across to them tomorrow along with the 200p I have in my garage. They didn't have finders so I've attached two 6x30 finders I had lying around ;)

Just checked Heavens above and the ISS will be out making some very bright passes that weekend as well :)

Excellent. That'll look awesome if we can capture it crossing through the Milky Way!

You've just reminded me that I need to purchase a spare battery for my DSLR. One will not be enough if we get 2 nights of viewing/imaging, which fingers crossed we will do :)

Took a couple more videos tonight with the webcam, ran them through registax and had a play with the wavelets. These are the only 2 videos that ive processed but there alot clearer than the first one i took the other night. Video length was 30 seconds.

post-13088-0-23295700-1443569731.jpg

post-13088-0-91567400-1443569731.jpg

Well heres the first work ive done all year. But one oppotunity not to be missed. Total Lunar Eclipse of the Super Moon

Absolutely fantastic work Kieran! Welcome back - we've missed you! Bet you were thrilled to get back out imaging, and to produce such a stunning piece. Excellent stuff :)

Absolutely fantastic work Kieran! Welcome back - we've missed you! Bet you were thrilled to get back out imaging, and to produce such a stunning piece. Excellent stuff :)

Thanks Vicky was a bit rusty with this how not done anything for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great images Chirs, Vicky and Kieran...

Nice to see you on mate. Hopefully you'll get to chat a bit more if venturing out is difficult, but fingers crossed you get out soon.

Just back from Lincoln. 2 8" scopes delivered to school and one 10" picked up for me! ;)

Great images Chirs, Vicky and Kieran...

Nice to see you on mate. Hopefully you'll get to chat a bit more if venturing out is difficult, but fingers crossed you get out soon.

Just back from Lincoln. 2 8" scopes delivered to school and one 10" picked up for me! ;)

Thanks Soupy.

Good job on the scopes for the school - they will be well appreciated and put to good use.

Seems like Soupy's Scope Shack is stocking up nicely too - is it going into partnership with Gain's Astro Emporium?? ;)

Archived