Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bunch of lightweights. I got in bed at 6am, had 2.5hrs sleep then I've done a full day's work (ok, from home), played a 5-a-side footy league match, had a quick bite to eat then whisked the wife off to the cinema to watch The Martian. Had a sneaky look at a few pics, I think I have a few good ones.

Bunch of lightweights. I got in bed at 6am, had 2.5hrs sleep then I've done a full day's work (ok, from home), played a 5-a-side footy league match, had a quick bite to eat then whisked the wife off to the cinema to watch The Martian. Had a sneaky look at a few pics, I think I have a few good ones.

I'm still going Matt... Just! But must admit think that is it till tomorrow.

Get those pics posted

I used to be like that needing 2.5hours sleep before work he he.

Up again at the usual 5am and the mist is bad again in places so careful out there people

I look forward to those images Matt when you get them sorted.

What was The Martian like? Looks like it could be interesting, and Matt Damon is usually good :)

Well, I went to bed at 10.30pm, and had 8 hours sleep - feel as fresh as a daisy this morning and ready to go!

Had a go at slightly enhancing my lunar eclipse image in PS, but think I actually prefer it as it was originally. Messing with it can make it look a bit false. What do you think?

post-39306-0-36638500-1443510009_thumb.j

The Martian was good, we both enjoyed it, the 3D effects weren't gimmicky and added to the film. Matt Damon played his part well, it's sort of a bit like Cast Away but on Mars. Apparently based on a book as well, which could be worth a read.

The Martian was good, we both enjoyed it, the 3D effects weren't gimmicky and added to the film. Matt Damon played his part well, it's sort of a bit like Cast Away but on Mars. Apparently based on a book as well, which could be worth a read.

Sounds good - might have to go and see it, as it seems like one that would be best seen at the cinema. Castaway was brilliant, but losing Wilson made me cry :(

Anyway Mr Goo - where are your lunar eclipse images??? ;)

Super pic vicky, I really like both versions of them!

Ive spent all morning tweaking my eclipse pic, and im sure ,you will agree i think ive managed to capture the true beauty of the moon :):wink:  :wink:

Oh my goodness Chris!! How have you managed such a superb photo  - what imaging equipment did you use to capture such beauty???

LOL love it ;)

Lol, ursula might even be my boss, i just dont know it yet.

I am very busy today, that was a bit of light relief.  Ive got 50K pounds worth of computer equipment to install today, lets hope I dont drop any of it hehe.  The job keeps me out of trouble, mostly anyway :)

Archived