Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good tonight people hope someone has managed to get out.

I really need to get sorted

I made the stupid mistake of finally unpacking the Atik CCD and trying to install the disc to get it set up. Got it all plugged into the laptop and the power tank so the camera seems to be working, however I cannot get the software to find it. So frustrating, been on Atik website for help, and also looked for ASCOM platforms. Three hours later and Artemis Capture still cannot find the camera, going to throw it out of the window and go outside for half an hour to do a bit of viewing. If I can't get it to work I might have to tap Matt up for help as he has the same camera as me, just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone got any ideas? The Imaging Source camera fired straight up! Grrr! Time to head outside me thinks.....

Working in IT does have it's advantages sometimes in that I'm fairly proficient with computers. What OS are you using Vicky, is it Windows 7?

I still have the software & drivers I used to get mine working. Will be needing to go & see Ryan soon to pick up my tripod head before I'm off to Scotland so could always pop in & have a look at it for for you.

Working in IT does have it's advantages sometimes in that I'm fairly proficient with computers. What OS are you using Vicky, is it Windows 7?

I still have the software & drivers I used to get mine working. Will be needing to go & see Ryan soon to pick up my tripod head before I'm off to Scotland so could always pop in & have a look at it for for you.

You, my friend, are a superstar! Yes, I am on Windows 7 although it is an old laptop I had given that I only use for my astronomy related programmes. Although I bought the camera from the same person I bought my 8SE from, he had never used the camera and it was all still sealed in the box along with the disc. I have all the cables etc and just don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I am not great at IT things. If you are over my way and you can call in that would be great. You know where I live lol. Just message me or text (if you have my mobile number) to let me know when you'll be over this way. If it is before next weekend I can be in most evenings. Thank you :)

Didn't get any viewing in last night - went outside around 11pm to find the clouds descending quite rapidly, adding to my frustrations lol.

Decided to come back in, put the telly on and have a beer.

The only time I like working afternoons is in the school holidays when we don't have an alarm going off in the morning.

Time for a cuppa and a read of my new magazines - bliss :)

WB Dean, glad you are well. I too remember the Jupiter incident! What a frustrating thing that was ;)

Be great if you could come join us again, we have some society equipment you could borrow until you get sorted!

Is it the Atik Titan you have Vicky? I have one but the computer I am running it on is XP I think.

I have the Atik 161C-S Monochrone - believe it is exactly the same as Matt's. I am on Windows 7.

There is no rush - Matt has kindly offered to call in to have a look at sorting it.

Thank you all for your help.

And hello Dean - I don't know if we have met, although I hope you will join us again when we recommence our meetings after the summer :)

Just a heads up and its still quite way off

On the morning of the 27th of October from a about 3am there is a triple conjunction. Venues, Jupiter and Mars unfortunately its a Tuesday. So let's hope for clear sky's

Mark

Just a heads up and its still quite way off On the morning of the 27th of October from a about 3am there is a triple conjunction. Venues, Jupiter and Mars unfortunately its a Tuesday. So let's hope for clear sky's Mark

That's great - thanks Mark - works out well for me personally as it is in the October half-term school holidays which I have booked off work.

Let's hope for clear skies for that one ;)

That's great - thanks Mark - works out well for me personally as it is in the October half-term school holidays which I have booked off work.

Let's hope for clear skies for that one ;)

I forgot about half term I will be in Dalby for the week hopefully result. Best get the campsite booked

Mark

Right I have updated the web site today, no mean feat from Kielder with slow satellite internet! If there is anything anyone can think of to add then let me know. :)

Ill have a think, just noticed this bit on the membership form though 'After the 3rd event, the guest member will be required to join the society as a fully paid up member, for a minimum of 6 months, before they can attend any further events.'

id better get mi hand in mi pocket then :)

Ill have a think, just noticed this bit on the membership form though 'After the 3rd event, the guest member will be required to join the society as a fully paid up member, for a minimum of 6 months, before they can attend any further events.'

id better get mi hand in mi pocket then :)

I know, we have been overlooking this a little. Think we need to rethink this anyway. :)

Lee has emailed to say my eyepiece should be ready to pick up on Monday

Now just got to get the other bit ready to use it!

I'm sure u will sort it really quickly now u have renewed vigour

Mark

Hurray! Another hour on the case, and I think I have finally managed to update the drivers for the Atik camera!

Just not sure how to work the Artemis Capture programme as it is completely different to Imaging Source software (which is almost too easy to use and has spoiled me before).

Hopefully, if I get chance to get out with the scope - even if it's just the 80mm frac with the manual mount - it might just give me chance to suss out what I am doing with the image capture.

Think I'll have to go a bit of reading as I don't think I have got it linked to the ASCOM driver - very confusing.

Matt - I'll keep you posted how I get on - thank you for your offer of help - I might still need you! ;)

Hurray! Another hour on the case, and I think I have finally managed to update the drivers for the Atik camera!

Just not sure how to work the Artemis Capture programme as it is completely different to Imaging Source software (which is almost too easy to use and has spoiled me before).

Hopefully, if I get chance to get out with the scope - even if it's just the 80mm frac with the manual mount - it might just give me chance to suss out what I am doing with the image capture.

Think I'll have to go a bit of reading as I don't think I have got it linked to the ASCOM driver - very confusing.

Matt - I'll keep you posted how I get on - thank you for your offer of help - I might still need you! ;)

Keep going Vicky you'll get there

Spoke too soon. I cannot work out how to connect the image capture software to the ASCOM driver - it doesn't give me the option to choose like it says it should. Matt, I will still need your help to finish the installation if possible please. It's nearly there, just not quite 100% yet :(

On a different note - the moon looks pretty tonight :)

Hi guys hopefully I will be able to join you at your next meet after summer its been a long time since I looked up at the night sky hopefully I will have a new set up before Christmas if all goes well fingers crossed keep meaning to call at green witch to have a look but the bills just keep getting in the way hey ho I will get there one day I'm sure

Vicky you are getting there keep at it!

Dean I am sure you will get sorted. As I said before you don't need to rush into getting lots of kit, just borrow some of the societies until you get sorted :)

Archived