Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we meeting for coffee before? I have to take Sophie to her friend's house before I come over, but I should be back to meet you somewhere across there for coffee at around 1.00pm, unless we go for a coffee afterwards with Damian too. Up to you chaps, just let me know where and when :)

I'm aiming to get there between 1 and 1.30 Vicky, so can meet up with you before. nick what time you gonna get there?

I can get there for around 1pm ish. Is there a coffee shop in the town centre, or are you going straight to Lee's at 1pm?

I usually park along the high street outside the bakery if I can get a space.

I can get there for around 1pm ish. Is there a coffee shop in the town centre, or are you going straight to Lee's at 1pm?

I usually park along the high street outside the bakery if I can get a space.

If u park out side the bakery directly opposite there is a nice cafe just over the market square. Thursday is market day in Birstall and although it's a small town it can get quite busy ( I used to live in Birstall). Hope u don't bye all the shop will see u tomorrow night [emoji106]

Had an excellent off the cuff night with Gain tonight.

Some clear spells, and a few beers. He brought his gun case with the most amazing EPs. I have attached the Moonlight to the Meade, so the EPs worked extremely well, and we had a good hour and a half browsing. Usual suspects, M13, M57, M92 spent lots of time just comparing the views with different EPs and enjoying the sights even in the twilight sky with some high cloud about. Then Saturn looking pretty amazing through the panoptic 41mm then the 14mm Ethos I think it was. Was able to see plenty of atmospheric turbulence causing the rings to distort, but with some clear seeing the Casini division was clear as a bell as was Titan.

A great enlightening evening all the better for being off the cuff with unexpected clear skies. :)

That'll be a 13mm eyepiece Soupy. A great eyepiece.

I'll be there around 2 maybe earlier today will bring the cheque book through too to sort Lee with the solar scope money.

Pluto is looking amazing via the historical pictures coming through.

Sounds like you had a good night Soupy, and we were treated to good skies. It is definitely becoming noticeably darker now.

I'll get to Birstall for just after 1pm probably, so just give me a buzz or text and we can meet up.

Nice little article Chris - I keep scanning the Internet for new photos and information - it's exciting stuff :)

Yes it was a great EP Damian. Beautiful clear crisp views. And that 41 was bigger than a coke can! Had to sellotape a few cans of pop to the bottom of the scope just to balance it!

i went out last night to have a play with my new goto mount - just got it all powered up and the most enormous cloud bank rolled over..........

There should be a clear night tomorrow, so you might be able to try again then

Bad news at our place today 430 to go!

That's awful news, and will affect so may people. Redundancy is a terrible thing to go through. When will you know whether your job is safe? Really feel for everyone involved. Sorry to hear it bud :(

Archived